Category:North East India
North East India refers to the easternmost region of India consisting of the contiguous Seven Sister States, Sikkim, and parts of North Bengal (districts of Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, and Koch Bihar). North-East India is ethnically, linguistically and culturally very distinct from the other states of India. This region is officially recognized as a special category of states. The states border Nepal, Bhutan, China, Myanmar and Bangladesh. However they share only a 21 km common border with the rest of India via the Siliguri Corridor (Chicken's Neck).
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Cooch Behar district (4 C, 36 F)
- ► Darjeeling district (23 C, 2 P, 45 F)
- ► Manipur (18 C, 15 F)
- ► Northeast Frontier Railway zone (5 C, 13 F)
- ► Tripura (14 C, 1 P, 15 F)
Pages in category "North East India"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "North East India"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Buff-chested Babbler.jpg
- Chilli Potato.jpg
- Clerodendrum colebrook...
- India PA051955 (154675...
- Manipuri girls.jpg
- Momos with garlic chut...
- Northeast india map.png
- Purple Heron (33270393...
- Suburb of Maligaon.jpg