Open main menu
English: The Convention Hall Market, originally named Northern Liberty Market, was located on the east side of 5th Street NW, between K and L, in the present-day Mount Vernon Triangle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The market opened in January 1875 and was designed by architect James H. McGill. In 1946, a fire resulted in the roof's collapse. The market was reopened, but with a flat roof. The building was painted pink in 1955 and renamed Center Market City. The market finally closed in 1963, and from 1965 to 1974, it was home to the National Historical Wax Museum. The empty building was finally demolished in 1985.

Media in category "Northern Liberty Market"

The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.