Category:Old City Hall-Supreme Court
The Old City Hall - U.S. Supreme Court Building at Chestnut and S. 5th Streets in the Independence Hall complex of Center City, Philadelphia, was built in 1790-91 in the Federal style. It served as the seat of the United States Supreme Court from 1791 to 1800, until the capitol was moved to Washington, D.C. Later, the building was used as Philadelphia's City Hall until the current City Hall was completed in 1901. (Source: Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City (2nd ed.)) The building is still owned by the city and leased to the National Park Service.
Media in category "Old City Hall-Supreme Court"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Congress Hall exterior.jpg 1,024 × 679; 162 KB
- Independence Hall 4.jpg 4,928 × 3,264; 4.38 MB
- Old City Hall - U. S. Supreme Court Building.jpg 2,770 × 2,327; 1.5 MB
- Old City Hall Philadelphia USA.jpg 768 × 831; 234 KB
- Old City Hall, Philadelphia, PA.JPG 2,081 × 2,164; 946 KB
- Old City Hall-Supreme Court Front.jpg 2,304 × 3,456; 3.59 MB