Category:Old Main Building
Built in 1852, the Old Main Building at Michigan State Normal School (later Michigan State Normal College and now Eastern Michigan University) originally housed classrooms, a library, and all administration functions. The original three-story brick building burned to the ground on October 28,1859, and new building opened in April, 1860. Additions were constructed to the front in 1878, to the rear in 1882, and to the north and south in 1888.
The south wing stood near the present location of Boone Hall, the north wing was near the present location of Pierce Hall, and the rear addition reached the location of Ford Hall.