Category:Old South High School (Minneapolis)
English: The old South High School was built in the early 1890s at East 24th Street and Cedar Avenue (also known as 2445 18th Avenue South) in the East Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota, to provide a building for the high school that had been held in the attic of the nearby Adams School since 1885. Additions were made in 1910–1911, and another expansion in 1916 involved demolishing most of the 1890s structure; the last part of the 1890s structure was demolished in 1950–1953. This school was torn down after students moved to the new South School (a mile to the south) in 1969–1970.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Old South High School (Minneapolis)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- 1923 South High School 1.jpg 580 × 465; 57 KB
- 1923 South High School 2.jpg 581 × 459; 51 KB
- 1923 South High School 3.jpg 572 × 460; 52 KB
- 1923 South High School 4.jpg 583 × 456; 41 KB
- South High School addition 1911.jpg 600 × 480; 44 KB
- South High School and Holy Rosary Church, Minneapolis.jpg 640 × 410; 59 KB