Category:Olive Tjaden Hall (Cornell University)
English: Designed by Charles Babcock, Olive Tjaden Hall was originally built on the Arts Quadrangle in 1880 (or 1883?) as Benjamin Franklin Hall. Franklin Hall was the campus electrical engineering building, and home to the chemistry and physics departments; this explains the reliefs of famous electricians and scientists on the facade. In 1906 it became home to the Art department. The building was renovated in 1998 through a donation by architect and Class of 1925 alumna Olive Tjaden Van Sickle. The building was renamed in her honor in 1981. The building's steeple was damaged in the 1950s and restored in September 1997. source
Media in category "Olive Tjaden Hall (Cornell University)"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Cornell Olive Tjaden Hall 1.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 2.56 MB
- Cornell Olive Tjaden Hall 2.jpg 2,304 × 3,072; 2.54 MB
- Ithaca, NY 06.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 11.11 MB
- Morse and Franklin Halls Cornell University postcard.jpg 1,066 × 669; 301 KB
- Morse and Franklin Halls, Cornell University (NBY 23068).jpg 825 × 524; 76 KB
- Olive Tjaden Hall, Cornell University.jpg 3,000 × 1,820; 2.27 MB
- Tjaden Hall missing its steeple, 1988.jpg 3,000 × 2,024; 2.17 MB