Category:Oriental (ship, 1889)
- Built by Caird & Company Greenock for Peninsular & Oriental Steam Navigation Company
- Yard No 248
- Length 125.08 m
- Breadth 14.63 m
- Depth 7.92 m
- Draught 8.246 m
- Gross tonnage 4,972 grt
- Net tonnage 2,712 nrt
- Deadweight 4,766 tons
- Engines by Caird & Company Greenock
- Propulsion: Steam, T.3Cyl, 1200hp
- Official number 93210
- 05.12.1888: Launched by Miss Pettigrew, daughter of P&O’s superintending engineer Mr John Pettigrew.
- 24.01.1889: Registered ss ORIENTAL, Greenock.
- 01.02.1889: Ran trials at over 16 knots and delivered as Oriental for The Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company.
- 1915 Renamed: HONG KHENG
- 1921 Renamed: SONG HOI
- 1923 Renamed: TAI WAY FOONG
- 1924 Scrapped Japan.
Media in category "Oriental (ship, 1889)"
This category contains only the following file.
- SS Oriental, P&O Passenger Liner (5092776313).jpg 600 × 474; 38 KB