Category:Oxford, New Zealand
English: Oxford is a small town of 1,716 people serving the farming community of North Canterbury. It is part of the Waimakariri District. Oxford is a linear town, approximately two kilometres long. For a time Oxford was serviced by the Oxford Branch railway, and had two stations, East Oxford and West Oxford. Due to declining traffic, the line was closed in 1959 and subsequently removed. Some railway signs and the remnants of some old railway platforms can still be seen along Oxford Road on the way to Rangiora. (→Oxford, New Zealand)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Oxford, New Zealand"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Carleton Railway Sign.JPG 9.01 MB
- Experience.jpg 2.04 MB
- Oxford new zealand.jpg 21 KB
- Oxford NZ Main Street 002.JPG 7.11 MB
- Oxford NZ Main Street 003.JPG 8.07 MB
- Oxford NZ Main Street.JPG 3.23 MB
- Oxford NZ Sculpture 001.JPG 11.51 MB
- Oxford NZ Town Entry Sign.JPG 11.48 MB
- Welcome to oxford NZ.jpg 46 KB