English: A palampore is a type of hand-painted and mordant-dyed bed cover that was made in India for the export market during the eighteenth century and very early nineteenth century. Only the wealthiest classes could afford to buy palampore; therefore, the few examples that have survived are often quite valuable today. Palampore were primarily exported to Europe and to Dutch colonists in Indonesia and what was then called Ceylon.
Media in category "Palampores"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Coromandel chintz.jpg 302 KB
- Palampore.jpg 57 KB
- Palempore aux magnolias (1).jpg 2.05 MB
- Palempore aux magnolias (2).jpg 3.86 MB
- Palempore aux magnolias (3).jpg 4.67 MB
- Palempore aux paons (1).jpg 2.35 MB
- Palempore aux paons (2).jpg 1.86 MB
- Palempore aux paons (3).jpg 4.01 MB
- Palempore aux paons (4).jpg 3.14 MB
- Sarasa chintz.jpg 107 KB