Category:Palm Springs Walk of Stars
English: The Palm Springs Walk of Stars are portions of Palm Canyon Drive, Tahquitz Canyon Way, La Plaza Court and Museum Drive in downtown Palm Springs, where "Golden Palm Stars" are embedded in the sidewalk pavement. Established in 1992 by Gerhard Frenzel and Barbara Foster-Henderson, it is similar to the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame. The first five Golden Palm Stars were dedicated to Earle C. Strebe, William Powell, Ruby Keeler, Charles Farrell, and Ralph Bellamy on February 26, 1992, in a ceremony that included Walk of Fame chairman Johnny Grant. The Golden Palm Stars render homage to Presidents of the United States, show business personalities, literary figures (authors, playwrights, screen writers), pioneers and civic leaders (early settlers, tribal leaders, civic personalities), humanitarians, and Medal of Honor recipients who have lived in the greater Palm Springs area.
Media in category "Palm Springs Walk of Stars"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Albert Frey Star.jpg 5,472 × 3,648; 1.8 MB
- Connie Stevens Star.jpg 3,935 × 2,623; 1.6 MB
- Frank Sinatra Star.jpg 4,516 × 3,011; 1.89 MB
- Monty Hall Star.jpg 4,608 × 3,072; 1.78 MB
- Palm Springs Walk of Fame stars.jpg 960 × 720; 113 KB
- Tony Sandler & Ralph Young - "Walk of the Stars" in Palm Springs.jpg 960 × 658; 298 KB
- Trini Lopez Star-2.jpg 2,843 × 4,264; 1.75 MB
- Trini Lopez Star.jpg 4,104 × 2,736; 1.65 MB