The Paris Commune or Fourth French Revolution was a government that briefly ruled Paris from March 18 (more formally, from March 28) to May 28, 1871. It existed before the split between anarchists and Marxists had taken place, and it is hailed by both groups as the first assumption of power by the working class during the Industrial Revolution. Debates over the policies and outcome of the Commune contributed to the break between those two political groups.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► 1st of May in Père-Lachaise Cemetery (1 C)
- ► Paris Commune in art (6 C, 72 F)
- ► Destructions during the Paris Commune (6 C, 42 F)
- ► Garde nationale of France in the years 1870-1871 (1 C, 13 F)
- ► Monuments and memorials of Paris Commune (1 C, 13 F)
- ► Église Notre-Dame-des-Otages (Paris) (1 C, 26 F)
- ► Things named after Paris Commune (1 C, 1 F)
Pages in category "Paris Commune"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Paris Commune"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.