Category:Parliament House, Dublin
English: Parliament House in Dublin, Ireland, was home to the Parliament of Ireland, and now houses the Bank of Ireland. It is located at College Green. This one-storey building is an example of early classic revival architecture. The beginning of the building belongs to the 18th century, but it was not completed in it's present form till 1805, and was the work of five successive architects, only one of them, James Gandon (1745-1823), a man of the first importance; but it was Gandon who in 1790 did most to give the building it's effective outline on plan, but introducing one of the curved quadrant walls, the building being subsequently finished in accordance with this suggestion.
former building housing the Parliament of Ireland
|Location||Dublin, County Dublin, Leinster, Ireland|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Bank of Ireland Building, Dublin (59 F)
Media in category "Parliament House, Dublin"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- DUBLIN(1837) p035 1BANK OF IRELAND.jpg 1,961 × 1,389; 1.78 MB
- Dublin - Irish Houses of Parliament - 20170804104803.jpg 5,472 × 3,648; 9.25 MB
- Dublin - Irish Houses of Parliament - 20180319195522.jpg 5,184 × 3,888; 2.71 MB
- Henry Baker drawing Irish parliament house 1787.jpg 5,028 × 3,496; 7.16 MB
- Irish Parliament.jpg 1,640 × 861; 666 KB