Category:Parliament of India
English: The Parliament of India (Hindi संसद, Malayalam: ഇന്ത്യൻ പാർലമെന്റ്, Tamil:இந்திய நாடாளுமன்றம், Telugu: భారత పార్లమెంటు) is the supreme bicameral legislative body of the federal government of the Republic of India. It consists of the office of President of India, with an upper house, the Rajya Sabha (House of States) and a lower house, the Lok Sabha (House of People). The two Houses meet in separate chambers in the Sansad Bhawan in New Delhi. The Members of either house are commonly referred to as Member of Parliament or "MP". The MP's of Lok Sabha are elected by direct election and the MP's of Rajya Sabha are elected by the members of the State Legislative Assemblies. The Parliament is composed of 790 MP's, who serve the largest democratic electorate in the world and the largest trans-national democratic electorate in the world (714 million eligible voters in 2009).
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Law of India (22 C, 74 F)
- ► Members of Parliament of India (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Parliamentary constituency maps of India (3 C, 39 F)
- ► Sansad Bhavan (32 F)
Media in category "Parliament of India"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Indian Parliament Bhavan.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.12 MB
- Indian Parliament.svg 620 × 302; 80 KB
- PM At Parliament House (28309039861).jpg 2,048 × 1,195; 338 KB
- Sachin Tendulkar speaks to the media outside Parliament.jpg 620 × 385; 104 KB
- Satyapal Singh.jpg 1,348 × 1,889; 497 KB
- Secretary Clinton Speaks With Indian Parliamentarians (4711999691).jpg 1,500 × 996; 1.08 MB
- Secretary Clinton With Indian Parliamentarians (4712640484).jpg 1,500 × 996; 1.07 MB
- To the people, by the people, for the people.jpg 821 × 821; 131 KB