Category:Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental and Nervous Diseases (Kirkbride's Hospital)
English: The Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental and Nervous Diseases—Kirkbride's Hospital, or the Institute of Pennsylvania Hospital — formerly operating from 1841−1997 in West Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Two large Kirkbride Plan psychiatric hospital buildings and elaborate pleasure grounds were on a campus along Market Street, from 45th to 49th Streets.
- The original 1841 "Pennsylvania Asylum for the Insane" building was demolished in 1959. The 1859 "Department for Males Building" was designed in the Neoclassical style by Samuel Sloan, and is on the National Register of Historic Places in Philadelphia. It is now the Kirkbride Center of the Blackwell Human Services Campus.
Media in category "Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental and Nervous Diseases (Kirkbride's Hospital)"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental & Nervous Diseases 01.jpg 949 × 669; 178 KB
- Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental & Nervous Diseases 02.jpg 968 × 620; 244 KB
- Pennsylvania Hospital for Mental & Nervous Diseases 03.jpg 965 × 631; 214 KB
- Kirkbride's Insane Asylum, play ground.jpg 929 × 1,072; 204 KB