English: A coffee percolator is a type of pot used to brew coffee. The name stems from the word "percolate" which means to cause (a solvent) to pass through a permeable substance especially for extracting a soluble constituent. Coffee percolators recirculate the liquid repeatedly. It is a practical method, but produces a generally agreed upon inferior product, as compared to a "drip" coffeemaker, where the liquid drips (or, confusedly, percolates) down through coffee grounds, where a filter keeps particulate matter from descending further. Thus, all "drip" coffeepots do allow coffee liquor to "percolate", but the two terms are for entirely different processes in this context.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cross sections of percolators (3 F)
Pages in category "Percolators"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Percolators"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Aromator (Urnenform).JPG 825 KB
- Aromator.JPG 837 KB
- Cafetière Hellem 01.jpg 517 KB
- Cafetière Hellem 2.jpg 718 KB
- Cafetière Hellem 3.jpg 546 KB
- Einfache Perkolatoren.JPG 1.06 MB
- El-Rod perkolaattori 01.JPG 2.25 MB
- El-Rod perkolaattori 02.JPG 1.98 MB
- Kaffeeurnen.jpg 903 KB
- Percolator taken in 2014.JPG 6.43 MB
- Percolator, USA um 1950.JPG 1.78 MB
- Percolator.JPG 772 KB
- Perkolator von WMF.JPG 813 KB
- Perkolatoren um 1930.JPG 878 KB
- Perkulator.jpg 531 KB
- Perkulator2.jpg 476 KB
- Wigomat (5).jpg 634 KB