English: The Roman–Persian Wars were a series of conflicts between states of the Greco-Roman world and two successive Iranic empires: the Parthian and the Sassanid. Battles between the Parthian Empire and the Roman Republic began in 92 BC; wars began under the late Republic, and continued through the Roman and Sassanid empires. They were ended by the Arab Muslim invasions, which struck the Sassanid and Byzantine East Roman empires with shattering effect shortly after the end of the last war between them.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Siege of Constantinople (626) (4 F)
Media in category "Persian-Roman wars"
The following 39 files are in this category, out of 39 total.
- 626Byzantium.svg 358 KB
- Byzanc-Justinián.png 2.38 MB
- Byzantiumby626AD-es.svg 242 KB
- Byzantiumby626AD-pt.svg 112 KB
- Cherub plaque Louvre MRR245.jpg 2.06 MB
- Julian Campaign 363.png 1.87 MB
- Kavad's campaigns-pt.svg 44 KB
- Map of Persian Military.png 5.16 MB
- Mohammad adil rais-map1.PNG 453 KB
- Persia 600ad.jpg 644 KB
- Shapur valerian.jpg 21 KB