English: Poti (Mingrelian: ფუთი; Laz: ფაში/Fashi; formerly known to the Turks as Faş) is a port city in Georgia, located on the eastern Black Sea coast in the region of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti in the west of the country. Built near the site of the ancient Greek colony of Phasis, the city has become a major port city and industrial center since the early 20th century. It is also home to a main naval base and the headquarters of the Georgian navy. The Poti port area is planned to become a free economic zone within the framework of a Georgian-United Arab Emirates project inaugurated in April 2008.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Poti, Georgia"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Poti, Georgia"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Flag of Poti.svg 1.24 MB
- Fotis akvatoria.jpg 122 KB
- Poti (14520503879).jpg 7.57 MB
- Poti (14520669897).jpg 8.22 MB
- Poti (14684258996).jpg 6.84 MB
- Poti 001.jpg 785 KB
- Poti 002.jpg 171 KB
- Poti COA.jpg 152 KB
- Poti flag.jpg 599 KB
- Poti market.jpg 29 KB
- Poti new theatre.JPG 1.75 MB
- Poti port.jpg 25 KB
- Poti S 2.jpg 34 KB
- Poti,election12.jpg 1.05 MB
- Poti.png 208 KB
- Poti134Batumi179.JPG 376 KB
- Unloading in Poti.jpg 533 KB
- Поти.jpg 1.11 MB
- ჭალადიდი, ხობი, სამეგრელო.jpg 9.03 MB