English: Preston Plucknett was once a small village near the town of Yeovil in Somerset, England. It is listed in the Doomsday book of 1086 as "Preston" (Old English: preost tun, "priest farm/settlement") and names its lord as Ansger of Montacute (Alfward before 1066). In the 13th century, Alan de Plugenet was lord of the manor and added his surname to Preston. Following the 20th century expansion of Yeovil, Preston Plucknett became little more than a suburb of the town. Throughout the centuries the spelling and pronunciation of the name has changed and evolved until it became the present day "Preston Plucknett."
Media in category "Preston Plucknett"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- The Church of St James, Preston Plucknett.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB