Category:Princess Wilhelmine of Baden
Wilhelmine of Baden (September 21, 1788 – January 27, 1836) was Grand Duchess of Hesse and the Rhine.
She was the youngest daughter of Charles Louis, Hereditary Prince of Baden and Amalia of Hesse-Darmstadt. She was married to her maternal first cousin, the much older Hessian hereditary prince en:Louis II, Grand Duke of Hesse (1777–1848), who in 1830 succeeded as Grand Duke of Hesse and the Rhine.
Wilhelmine bore seven children, of whom four survived. Her last four children, including en:Alexander of Hesse-Darmstadt and en:Maria Alexandrovna of Hesse, were believed to have been fathered by en:August von Senarclens de Grancy, her longtime lover.
- Prince Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (1806-1877); (the future grand duke)
- Prince Karl Wilhelm Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (1809-1877)
- Unnamed Infant (born & died 1820)
- Princess Amalia Elisabeth Luise Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt (1821-1826)
- Prince Alexander Ludwig Georg Friedrich Emil of Hesse-Darmstadt (1823-1888)
- Princess Maximiliane Wilhelmine Auguste Sophie Marie of Hesse-Darmstadt (1824-1880); the future Empress consort of Tsar Alexander II of Russia.