Open main menu

Category:Quin Abbey

Object location52° 49′ 09.43″ N, 8° 51′ 46.87″ W Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap.View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityramainfo Edit coordinates on Wikidata (discrepancy of 0 meters between the above coordinates and the ones stored on Wikidata)
Coat of arms of Ireland.svg
This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. CL042-027002-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerDatabase record.

Deutsch | English | français | italiano | македонски | +/−
English: Quin Friary was founded as house of Franciscan Friars of the Observance by Macon MacNamara in 1433, using the ruins of a castle from 1280. The friary was dissolved in 1541 due to the reformation but continued to be used with interruptions until 1820. See Aubrey Gwynn and R. Neville Hadcock, Medieval Religious Houses, Longman, London 1970, p. 257, and Patrick Conlan, Franciscan Ireland, The Liliput Press, ISBN 0-946640-29-7, p. 139.
Quin Abbey 
Ancient monastery
Quin Abbey, Ireland.jpg
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofmonastery
Location Quin, County Clare, Munster, Ireland
Heritage designation
  • national monument of Ireland
Inception
  • 15th century
52° 49′ 09.43″ N, 8° 51′ 46.87″ W
Authority control
Blue pencil.svg
Quin Friary (de); abbaye de Quin (fr); Mainistir Chuinche (ga); Quin abadia (eu); Quin Abbey (en); Quin Abbey (nl) Ancient monastery (en); ehemaliges Franziskanerkloster in Quin, County Clare, Irland (de); ancienne abbaye franciscaine du comté de Clare, en Irlande (fr); klooster in Ierland (nl) Mainistir Cuinche (en); Quin Abbey (de); Quin Abbey, Mainistir Cuinche (fr)

Media in category "Quin Abbey"

The following 129 files are in this category, out of 129 total.