Category:Race Street Friends Meetinghouse
The Race Street Meetinghouse is a historic and still active Quaker meetinghouse at 1515 Cherry Street at the corner of N. 15th Street in the Center City area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The meetinghouse served as the site of the Yearly Meeting of the Hicksite sect of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) from 1857 to 1955. It was built in 1856 by the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting and what is now known as Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting. The Friends Meeting Center was built in 1974 and was designed by Cope & Lippincott.
Media in category "Race Street Friends Meetinghouse"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Race St Meeting.JPG 3,600 × 2,700; 3.35 MB
- Race Street Meetinghouse and Visitors Center from Cherry Street.jpg 3,264 × 1,939; 1.39 MB
- Race Street Meetinghouse from Cherry Street.jpg 3,028 × 2,102; 2.08 MB
- Race Street Meetinghouse from Race Street.jpg 3,023 × 2,331; 2.4 MB
- RaceStMeetinghouse.jpg 226 × 162; 26 KB