Category:Railroad rotary car dumpers
English: Rotary dumpers are Bulk materials handling machines designed to empty open top and side dumper railroad cars (rolling stock) at their destination. The economics of a gondola car versus a hopper car type which must be both taller and longer to carry the same volume of material is complex, but suffice it to say that railroad companies offer a discount to use of non-gondola freight cars.
Some factors: Gondola cars are much simpler to construct and can utilize truss construction, while being more durable.
- The hopper car has the double disadvantages of a higher center of gravity and stretching out train lengths—both restricting operating speeds and increasing risks of coupler breakage as a consist wishbones over the crest of a hill, or pancakes in the trough of a valley.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Railroad rotary car dumpers"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Georgia Tschiatura Wendeanlage fuer Grubenloren.jpg 1,063 × 709; 135 KB
- Heyl & Patterson rotary car dumper.jpg 955 × 615; 150 KB
- Heyl & Patterson Rotary Railcar Dumper.jpg 923 × 615; 145 KB
- Kreiselkipper im Muttental (Ruhr).jpg 1,200 × 830; 519 KB
- Wywrotnica kolejowa.JPG 902 × 676; 119 KB