English: Ranmore Common is a linear group of fives homes with an isolated church and escarpment above of meadow and wooded, common land on the upper part of the North Downs, northwest of Dorking in the English county of Surrey. It is in the civil parish of Wotton and is also in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Arguably its extent, which has colloquially exceeds that of its eponymous Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), includes Denbies Vineyard which takes up some of the eastern projection of the escarpment. Most of the common is the SSSI, a habitat for rare grasses, woodland shrubs, invertebrates such as butterflies and mammals such as bats.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Ranmore Common"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Entrance to Steers Field - geograph.org.uk - 1505009.jpg 640 × 427; 101 KB
- Houses on Ranmore Common, Surrey - geograph.org.uk - 1395189.jpg 640 × 428; 87 KB
- Lane past North Downs viewpoint - geograph.org.uk - 1585461.jpg 640 × 480; 128 KB
- National Trust sign, Steer's Field.jpg 2,816 × 2,112; 1.42 MB
- Pilgrim's Way on Ranmore Common - geograph.org.uk - 1395307.jpg 640 × 428; 78 KB
- Ranmore - geograph.org.uk - 788722.jpg 640 × 429; 83 KB
- Ranmore Common - geograph.org.uk - 1518625.jpg 640 × 480; 108 KB
- Stonyrock car park - geograph.org.uk - 1509223.jpg 640 × 427; 256 KB
- View From Ranmore Common, Surrey (1) - geograph.org.uk - 1395238.jpg 640 × 360; 59 KB
- View From Ranmore Common, Surrey (3) - geograph.org.uk - 1395294.jpg 640 × 360; 56 KB
- White and blue - geograph.org.uk - 1290278.jpg 640 × 426; 86 KB