Category:Robinson-Rose House, San Diego

English: The Robinson-Rose House was built in 1853 by James W. Robinson as a residence and law office. The first floor was painted and plastered to look like wood siding while the second floor was painted to look like adobe. In 1868, Robinson's widow sold the house to German-Jewish entrepreneur Louis Rose. In its history, the building served as medical offices, jail cell, schoolroom, newspaper office, store, residential apartments, and the County Clerk's office. The building was demolished around 1900, and the current reconstruction was built by California State Parks in 1959. It is currently the Visitor Center for the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park. (Source: Robinson-Rose House)

Media in category "Robinson-Rose House, San Diego"

The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.