Category:Rodrigo Augusto da Silva
|Date of birth||7 December 1833
|Date of death||17 October 1889
Rio de Janeiro
|Country of citizenship|
|Member of political party||
English: Rodrigo Augusto da Silva ( Sao Paulo, December 7, 1833 — October 17, 1889) a Brazilian senator for life, minister and a privy counsellor of Emperor Peter II of Brazil. He was a member of the Silva de Carvalho family from São Paulo, the son of José Manuel da Silva (Baron of Tiete) and nephew of financier Benedito Antonio da Silva. Senator Silva is best known as the minister that authored and countersigned with Princess Isabel, then Princess Imperial Regent of Brazil the Golden Law (Lei Áurea); this law ended slavery in Brazil and in consequence the Western world. Together with his friend Antonio da Silva Prado and the Viscount of Maua he was among the promoters of the industrialization of Brazil.
Media in category "Rodrigo Augusto da Silva"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Rodrigo Augusto da Silva Arquivo Nacional.jpg 999 × 1,366; 383 KB
- Conselheiro Rodrigo Silva - Diário Illustrado (29Mai1888).png 299 × 370; 219 KB
- Euclase-md93a.jpg 436 × 800; 66 KB
- Euclase-md93b.jpg 209 × 400; 19 KB
- Euclase-md93c.jpg 165 × 400; 12 KB
- Euclase-md93d.jpg 214 × 400; 21 KB
- Hematite-195445.jpg 727 × 750; 141 KB
- Rodrigo Augusto da Silva bn.jpg 848 × 1,019; 87 KB
- Rodrigo augusto da silva.jpg 450 × 596; 40 KB
- Signature of Rodrigo Silva.png 1,598 × 154; 12 KB