Category:Romney Classical Institute (Romney, West Virginia)
English: Romney Classical Institute was a 19th-century coeducational collegiate preparatory school in Romney, Virginia (present-day West Virginia), which was in operation between 1846 and some time after 1866. The Romney Literary Society offered the institute's building and grounds to the state of West Virginia for the West Virginia Schools for the Dead and Blind. The West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and Blind opened for its first term on September 29, 1870. Following the schools' subsequent expansions, the institute's former building became the center portion of the administration building of the West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and Blind, in which capacity it serves at the present day.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
19th-century coeducational collegiate preparatory school in Romney, Virginia (present-day West Virginia)
|Location||Romney, Hampshire County, West Virginia|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► William C. Clayton (2 F)
- ► John J. Jacob (4 F)
- ► Robert White (politician born 1833) (4 F)
Media in category "Romney Classical Institute (Romney, West Virginia)"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- Craig Woodrow McDonald.jpg 1,186 × 1,468; 566 KB
- WV Schools for the Deaf and Blind Romney WV 2009 02 01 07.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 3.19 MB