Category:Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church
Catholic church in New York City
|Instance of||church building|
|Location||Brooklyn, Carroll Gardens, New York City, United States of America|
The Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church at the corner of Summit and Hicks Streets in the Carroll Gardens neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built c.1860 as St. Stephen's Church and was designed by Patrick Charles Keely in the Gothic style. The Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish, which served Brooklyn Italian community, was founded in 1888, and lost its church to the building of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway in 1941. The parish them moved into St. Stephen's Church. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Church website)
Media in category "Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Bqecarroll5bbtjeh.jpg 3,072 × 2,304; 821 KB
- Liberty 2.jpg 1,440 × 1,920; 513 KB
- Sacred Hearts and St. Stephen - entrance.JPG 4,608 × 3,456; 9.95 MB
- Sacred Hearts and St. Stephen - top.JPG 4,450 × 3,438; 6.2 MB
- Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church Brooklyn.jpg 2,041 × 3,225; 1.87 MB
- Sacred Hearts Stephen RCC jeh.jpg 3,000 × 3,200; 1.94 MB
- SHJM Stephens RCC Summit & Hicks jeh.jpg 1,796 × 2,297; 538 KB