Category:Santa Maria del Giglio (Venice)
church in Venice
|Instance of||church building|
|Location||Venice, Province of Venice, Kingdom of Lombardy–Venetia, Austrian Empire, German Confederation|
English: The Chiesa di Santa Maria del Giglio is a church in Venice, Italy. The church, whose name translates into "St. Mary of the Lily" referring to the flower classically depicted as being presented by the Angel Gabriel during the Annunciation), is more commonly known as Santa Maria Zobenigo after the Jubanico family who founded it in the 9th century. The edifice is situated on the Campo Santa Maria Zobenigo, west of the Piazza San Marco. It was rebuilt by Giuseppe Sardi for Admiral Antonio Barbaro between 1678 and 1681.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Santa Maria del Giglio (Venice)"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Santa Maria del Giglio (Venice)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Architectural detail on the Santa Maria Zobenigo.JPG 2,717 × 4,313; 6.19 MB
- External altar to Christ on the Santa Maria Zobenigo.JPG 2,552 × 3,708; 4.66 MB
- Paolo Monti - Servizio fotografico - BEIC 6343119.jpg 1,269 × 1,280; 1.99 MB
- Statue on the Santa Maria Zobenigo.JPG 2,752 × 4,896; 6.31 MB