Category:Seaplane tenders of Germany
World War Two German seaplane tenders: The book "Warplanes of the Third Reich" by William Green @ 1970,page 75, makes referance to several Luftwaffe operated seaplane tenders during the Second World War. Listed are the Bussard,the Falke, the Ostmark, Sperber and the Westfalen."These catapult and recovery crane equipped vessels were frequently used as floating bases for Blohm und Voss BV 138 Ketten deployed in northern waters". Included are photographs of two differant types of vessels with these large three engine flying boats on their decks. Seventy of these type aircraft of the C series were modified with catapult points specifically for use with these tenders.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Seaplane tenders of Germany"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Answald FZMS.jpg 316 × 101; 3 KB
- Archimede et Le Bihan.jpg 800 × 412; 73 KB
- Im Wasserflughafen und auf einem Flakstand (Trondheim) (7129691311).jpg 791 × 800; 224 KB
- SMH Santa Elena Besatzung.jpg 673 × 500; 50 KB
- SMH Santa Elena.jpg 788 × 500; 43 KB