Category:Seven Hills Park
English: Seven Hills Park, located behind the Davis Square Red Line station, along Buena Vista and Meacham Roads, in Somerville, Massachusetts, was completed in 1990. It is a passive recreation area which occupies land that was once a railroad right-of-way, and features tall weathervane-like structures: steel towers, each of which is topped by a icon representing one of the seven hills of Somerville, some of which no longer exist, having been leveled. The brick bases have informational signs which give the history of each hill. Also in the park are 10 life-sized cast-stone sculptures by artist James Tyler, which were moved to the park from elsewhere in 1996. Because of vandalism to the sculpture's faces, bronze masks were added later. (Sources: Seven Hills Park and Seven Hills)
Media in category "Seven Hills Park"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Seven Hills Park icons, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 2,304 × 1,414; 676 KB
- Seven Hills Park sign, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 1,728 × 2,089; 855 KB
- Seven Hills Park, Clarendon Hill icon, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 3,472 × 2,759; 1.98 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Cobble Hill icon, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 3,705 × 2,811; 2.93 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Ploughed Hill icon, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 3.42 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Prospect Hill icon, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 3,456 × 4,608; 2.91 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 3,456 × 4,270; 3.03 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Spring Hill weathervane, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 3.18 MB
- Seven Hills Park, Winter Hill icon, Somerville, Massachusetts.jpg 1,656 × 2,066; 864 KB
- Seven Hills Park.jpg 1,024 × 680; 207 KB