Category:Sherwood Forest Plantation
English: Sherwood Forest has the distinction of being the only private residence in the United States to have been owned by two unrelated United States Presidents. William Henry Harrison inherited the plantation, then named Walnut Grove, in 1790 and held it for three years. He sold the 3,000 acre (12 km²) property in 1793 having never lived in the house. Harrison's successor John Tyler purchased the plantation, which by then had been reduced to 1,600 acres (6.5 km²), in 1842 and lived there after leaving the White House.
place in Virginia listed on National Register of Historic Places
|Location||Charles City County, Virginia, United States of America|
Media in category "Sherwood Forest Plantation"
The following 39 files are in this category, out of 39 total.