Shivanasamudra (Kannada: ಶಿವನಸಮುದ್ರ) is a small town in the Mandya district of the state of Karnataka, India. It is situated on the banks of the river Kaveri and is the location of the first Hydro-electric power station in Asia, which was set up in the year 1902. The Shivanasamudra Falls is on the Kaveri River after the river has wound its way through the rocks and ravines of the Deccan Plateau and drops off to form waterfalls. The island town of Shivanasamudra divides the river into twin waterfalls: the left/western segment is called Gaganachukki and the right/eastern segment is called Bharachukki.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Shivanasamudra Falls (2 C, 27 F)
Media in category "Shivanasamudra"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Coracles, Karnataka.jpg 2,616 × 1,796; 1.33 MB
- Grave of the Rev. Edward J Hardey (September 1860, p.130) - Copy.jpg 569 × 934; 235 KB
- Madhya Ranga Temple, cauvery island, shivnasamudra.JPG 640 × 480; 138 KB
- Silver Shimmer.jpg 3,872 × 2,592; 2.15 MB