English: Sikkim (Nepali: सिक्किम, Tibetan: Denzong) is a landlocked Indian state nestled in the Himalayas. It is the least populous state in India and the second-smallest in area after Goa. The thumb-shaped state borders Nepal in the west, the Tibet (China) to the north and the east and Bhutan in the southeast. The Indian state of West Bengal borders Sikkim to its south. Despite its small area of 7,096 square kilometers (2,740 sq mi), Sikkim is geographically diverse due to its location in the Himalayas. The climate ranges from subtropical to high alpine. Kangchenjunga, the world's third-highest peak, is located on the border of Sikkim with Nepal. Sikkim is a popular tourist destination owing to its culture, scenic beauty and biodiversity. Gangtok is Sikkim's capital.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Unidentified subjects in Sikkim (60 F)
- ► Books about Sikkim (1 C)
- ► Culture of Sikkim (9 C, 3 F)
- ► Dongkya Ri (3 F)
- ► Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary (1 F)
- ► Geography of Sikkim (17 C, 4 F)
- ► History of Sikkim (7 C, 11 F)
- ► People of Sikkim (21 C, 55 F)
- ► Sports in Sikkim (1 F)
Pages in category "Sikkim"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Sikkim"
The following 56 files are in this category, out of 56 total.
- Baba Mandir - View Inside.jpg 6.62 MB
- Baba Mandir - View Outside.jpg 7.77 MB
- Ban Jhakri Falls - Gangtok.jpg 5.67 MB
- Bokar Monastery, Mirik 01.jpg 1.09 MB
- Cable Car - Gangtok Sikkim.jpg 7.16 MB
- Frozen in Varsey.jpg 201 KB
- Gangtok Dense Forest.jpg 1.09 MB
- Gd 1.jpg 6.1 MB
- Lights of Faith.jpg 3.16 MB
- Nathu La - Indo China Border.jpg 6.35 MB
- Peace at Gurudongmar.jpg 2.16 MB
- RAVI.WIKI.KANCHENJUNGA.jpg 23.89 MB
- Rhododendron Sikkim.jpg 4.53 MB
- River in the mountain.jpg 226 KB
- Valley of rice (sikkim).jpg 2.48 MB
- W0A9263.CR2.jpg 8.94 MB
- W0A9374.CR2.jpg 13.38 MB
- Walkway with prayer wheels.jpg 1.02 MB