In the form of "Spahi" it was the title given to several cavalry units serving in the French and Italian colonial armies during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.The name ultimately derives from the Persian: سپاه (sepâh, meaning "army") and has the same root as the English term "sepoy".
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Sipahis"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Battle of Vienna.Sipahis.jpg 427 KB
- Knotel-Spahis.jpg 92 KB
- Manesson-Travaux-de-Mars 9941.tif 51.26 MB
- Melchior Lorck - A Spahi.jpg 303 KB
- Mundy-Rumeli sipahi.jpg 38 KB
- OttomanHorseArcher.jpg 26 KB
- Ralamb Sipahi.jpg 4.77 MB
- Ralamb-106.jpg 112 KB
- Sipahi-karogs.png 25 KB
- Sloane-Rumeli sipahi.jpg 86 KB
- Sloane-Sipahi zade.jpg 87 KB
- Sloane-Sipahi.jpg 71 KB
- Spachides Flag.svg 973 KB
- Spahi - 1820.jpg 146 KB
- Tott-2-297-Spahi.jpg 85 KB