English: Southington is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States. It is part of Connecticut's 1st congressional district. It is situated about 20 miles southwest of Hartford, about 80 miles northeast of New York City, 105 miles southwest of Boston and 77 miles west of Providence. Southington includes the areas of Plantsville, Marion and Milldale, each of which has its own post office and distinct architecture. The town rests in a valley of two mountains on its east and west sides. The town is located along exits 28 through 32 of Interstate 84, exit 4 of Interstate 691, and bisected by Route 10. Southington has the nickname of The Apple Valley, due to the many orchards that still dot its landscape. The Quinnipiac River flows through the town. It is home to Mount Southington Ski Area which has continued to draw visitors from nearby towns. ESPN is another attraction located on the Southington/Bristol line.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Lake Compounce (20 F)
Media in category "Southington, Connecticut"
The following 32 files are in this category, out of 32 total.
- 1135 Marion Schoolhouse.jpg 487 KB
- Barnes-Frost House.jpg 447 KB
- Gus Worke 1942.jpg 293 KB
- Jonathan Root House.JPG 1.35 MB
- Levi B. Frost House.jpg 489 KB
- Snetsign.jpg 93 KB
- Southington 1134 Marion.jpg 507 KB
- Southington 1167 Marion.jpg 472 KB
- Southington CT lg.PNG 109 KB
- Southington Hartford.png 93 KB