Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple at 397 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218123, was built around the 1870s on land that had been bought from the government in 1855. However, as it was in poor condition in the 1960s, it was completely reconstructed with the assistance of a Hindu architect from Madras, India. The temple consists of a number of buildings: one dedicated to Vishnu; one to each of his two wives; and one to his vahana (mount), the Garuda. There is also a marriage hall donated by the Tamil businessman and philanthropist P. Govindasamy Pillai, who also gave the gopuram (gateway tower). The temple was gazetted as a national monument on .