Category:St. Catherine's Well, Killybegs
|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. DG097-015003-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: St. Catherine's Well in Killybegs is in close distance to St. Catherine's Friary, founded c. 1535–1540, and got probably its dedication through the friars, albeit it may have been used before as Holy Well. (See Arthur Spears: The Cult of Saint Catherine of Alexandria in Ireland, ISBN 978-0954088811.) The current structure is from modern times.
Media in category "St. Catherine's Well, Killybegs"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Killybegs St. Catherine's Well 2012 09 16.jpg 3,504 × 2,336; 6.33 MB
- Killybegs St. Catherine's Well and Cat Castle 2012 09 16.jpg 3,504 × 2,251; 5.02 MB
- Killybegs St. Catherine's Well as seen from the Hill 2012 09 16.jpg 3,468 × 2,312; 5.93 MB
- Killybegs St. Catherine's Well Statue 2012 09 16.jpg 2,306 × 3,369; 4.13 MB