Open main menu

Category:St. Charles Seminary (Carthagena, Ohio)

St. Charles Seminary 
place in Ohio listed on National Register of Historic Places
St. Charles Borromeo Seminary in the afternoon.jpg
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofseminary,
university building
Location Mercer County, Ohio
Heritage designation
  • place listed on the National Register of Historic Places (1979)
Inception
  • 1861
40° 25′ 48″ N, 84° 33′ 36″ W
Authority control
Blue pencil.svg
St. Charles Seminary (en) place in Ohio listed on National Register of Historic Places (en)
English: The current structure of St. Charles was built in 1922 and is a late Gothic revival building. The facility features a 370 foot frontage and is topped by a five story octagonal dome. Originally, the main building housed a seminary and furnished 100 rooms for priests, brothers, and seminarians. In 1969, the seminary closed, and the facility was converted into a senior living community for active and retired priests and brothers, religious sisters, and laymen. Currently, it is a Catholic community that welcomes residents regardless of national origin, race, or religious creed.

Media in category "St. Charles Seminary (Carthagena, Ohio)"

The following 37 files are in this category, out of 37 total.