Category:St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia)
St. George's United Methodist Church, at the corner of 4th and New Streets, in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, is the oldest Methodist church in continuous use in the United States, beginning in 1769. The congregation was founded in 1767, meeting initially in a sail loft on Dock Street, and in 1769 it purchased the shell of a building which had been erected in 1763 by a German Reformed congregation. (Source: Historical marker on site)
|Location||United States of America|
Media in category "St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia)"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Old St. George's Church Offices and Museum.jpg 2,677 × 2,404; 2.08 MB
- Old St. George's Church.jpg 2,653 × 2,058; 1.85 MB
- Philadelphia StGeorgesUMC from West.jpg 497 × 592; 58 KB
- St. George's Church United Methodist Historic Shrine historical marker.jpg 6,016 × 4,000; 6.35 MB