Category:St. Joseph's Church, Chicago (old bldg.)
English: The St. Joseph's Church on the corner of Rush Street and Chicago Avenue, Near North Side, Chicago. The congregation was organised in 1846. The congregation commissioned A. D. Taylor to build a church, which was dedicated on 16 August of that year. St. Joseph's was Chicago's second German national parish. The first German national parish was that of St. Peter's Church, also built by Taylor. St. Joseph's burnt down in the Great Fire in 1871, the congregation then decided to move northwards to 1107 N. Orleans Street, with the new St. Joseph's Church erected from 1876 to 1878.
Media in category "St. Joseph's Church, Chicago (old bldg.)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- COLBERT(1871) p136 ST. JOSEPH'S GERMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.jpg 1,783 × 2,226; 2.01 MB
- St. Joseph's Church, (German Catholic), by W.D. Fay & Co..jpg 2,737 × 1,409; 1.31 MB
- St. Joseph's Church, by W. S. Wheeler.jpg 2,737 × 1,382; 1.46 MB
- St. Joseph's Church, (German Catholic), by W.D. Fay & Co..png 2,737 × 1,409; 4.48 MB