Category:St. Mary's Church (Grand Street, Manhattan)
St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church at 438 Grand Street between Pitt and Attorney Streets in the Lower East Side neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1832-33, and was enlarged and had its current facade added in 1864 by Patrick Charles Keely. Additional changes were made by Lawrence O'Connor in 1871. It is the second oldest Roman Catholic structure in the city, after St. Patrick's Old Cathedral, which was built in 1815. The original facade was in the Greek Revival style, but Keely's new red-brick facade with twin spires is in the Romanesque Revival style. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and NYCAGO)
Media in category "St. Mary's Church (Grand Street, Manhattan)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.