English: Sunniside is a large village in the Metropolitan Borough of Gateshead, England just south of Whickham, and is at one end of the Tanfield Railway. It has a large park and also a busy Front Street with a collection of shops and amenities, which include a local co-operative store, a premier food-store, a chippy (Ravs) and a variety of pubs, an Inn and social club. It is surrounded mainly by farmland but also neighbours the small villages of Marley Hill, Byermoor and Burnopfield. The rest of the village is mainly housing and has a large park, although the play apparatus was taken down in the late 1990's due to vandalism.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Sunniside railway station (2 F)
Media in category "Sunniside, Gateshead"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Burdon Moor near Sunniside - geograph.org.uk - 302708.jpg 640 × 426; 118 KB
- Hill Head - geograph.org.uk - 1000330.jpg 640 × 427; 86 KB
- Lobley Hill - geograph.org.uk - 71833.jpg 640 × 480; 83 KB
- Sun Street, Sunniside - geograph.org.uk - 71881.jpg 640 × 480; 76 KB
- The Birches - geograph.org.uk - 71841.jpg 640 × 480; 67 KB
- The Place - geograph.org.uk - 1131444.jpg 640 × 480; 113 KB
- The Marquis Of Granby - geograph.org.uk - 71835.jpg 640 × 480; 77 KB