Category:Symbols on Jewish gravestones in the Czech Republic
- Star of David / Hvězda Davidova: šesticípá hvězda Davidova, symbol Judaismu
- Kohanim hands / Kohenské ruce - modlící se ruce: Two hands with outspread fingers indicated that the dead man was descended from priestly stock (Kohanim) who blessed the people in this fashion
- Ewer / Džbán či konvice (s mísou): Levite pitcher (and bowl)
- The shofar (ram's horn) / Šofar: indicates that the deceased was a blower of the shofar
- Deer / Jelen: people whose name is Zvi, Hirsch or Naftali (deer representing the tribe of Naphtali)
- Lion / Lev: people whose name is Aryeh, Judah, Leib or Loew (lion representing the tribe of Judah)
- Bear / Medvěd: people whose name is Dov and Ber.
- Wolf / Vlk: representing the tribe of Benjamin
- Books / Knihy: an open book indicates the presence of a rabbi, an officiating minister, or just a scholar; groups of books are sometimes arranged in an open bookcase, or on shelves.
- Fish / Ryba: zodiac sign for the month of Adar
- Menorah / Menora: one of the oldest symbols of Judaism
- Candle / Svíčka: one of the most accepted symbols of the woman. The candle was lit by the Jewish woman. A broken candle on a gravestone symbolizes an early death, at a young age.
- Crown / Koruna: The crown has many meanings - it is a symbol of the re-establishment of the kingdom of Judah. On the gravestones appear three crowns: Crown of the Torah that symbolizes wisdom and knowledge; Crown of Royalty symbolizes sovereignty and power; and Crown of a Good Name. / Koruna moudrosti (vzdělání), Koruna kněžství (Tóra, zbožnost, duchovní a společenské vědy, filosofie apod.; často na náhrobcích rabínů) a Koruna království (kariéra, úspěch, vážnost u druhých)
- Tree / Strom: A broken tree or branch is a sign that the deceased was young at the time of death
- Bird / Pták: appears on the gravestones of many women
- Grapes / Hrozny: a cluster of grapes is an emblem of Israel, but also a symbol of wealth
- Anchor / Kotva: symbolizes hope or eternal life, or simply the job of a sailor
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Animals on Jewish gravestones in the Czech Republic (1 C, 15 F)
- ► Hands on Jewish gravestones in the Czech Republic (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Star on Jewish gravestones in the Czech Republic (1 C, 6 F)
Media in category "Symbols on Jewish gravestones in the Czech Republic"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.