Category:Tanner Amphitheater (Arlington National Cemetery)
|Named after|| |
|Location||Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington County, Virginia|
This category is for images of the Old Amphitheater at Arlington National Cemetery. It was dedicated on Memorial Day in 1874. The main dais is known as "the Rostrum," and was designed by Quartermaster General Montgomery C. Meigs. It was replaced as the main meeting space at the cemetery by Memorial Amphitheater in 1921.
It was renamed James R. Tanner Amphitheater on May 30, 2014.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Tanner Amphitheater (Arlington National Cemetery)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Slatted wooden structure at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia LCCN2011633009.tif 6,683 × 5,297; 202.59 MB
- Speakers' stand, Arlington, Va, from Robert N. Dennis collection of stereoscopic views.jpg 2,737 × 1,393; 1.42 MB
- Speakers' stand, Arlington, Va, from Robert N. Dennis collection of stereoscopic views.png 2,737 × 1,393; 4.71 MB