Category:The Leiden 1 Maccabees manuscript / Codex PER F 17
This manuscript with the shelf mark Per(izoni) F 17 consists of two parts. By far the most important is Peroni F 17 1. This codex dates from the first half 10th century and contains the first book of Maccabees and the fourth book of the Epitoma Rei Militaris by Vegetius. It was probably started in the Abbey of Saint Gall and finished at the Abbey of Reichenau. It is famous for its 28 illuminated pages, thought to be early depictions of a historical battle: the incursions of the Magyars in southern Germany.
Peroni F 17 2 is a younger manuscript dating from the second half 15th century. It contains an index and vocabulary on Vegetius's Epitoma Rei Militaris and excerpts from Sextus Julius Frontinus's Strategemata.
25,2 x 18,5 cm
Media in category "The Leiden 1 Maccabees manuscript / Codex PER F 17"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- 15v Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,722; 532 KB
- 16r Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,725; 571 KB
- 17v Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,738; 648 KB
- 22r Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,733; 643 KB
- 24v Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,750; 465 KB
- 45v and 46r Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 2,400 × 1,756; 873 KB
- 9r Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,697; 587 KB
- 9v Leiden I Maccabees.jpg 1,200 × 1,758; 689 KB