Category:The Little Mermaid
A statue of The Little Mermaid (Den Lille Havfrue) is located at Langelinie in the Copenhagen harbour. She stands only 1.25 meter and was sculptured by Copenhagen artist Edvard Eriksen (* 1876; † 1959). He used famous ballerina Ellen Price as inspiration for the face, the statue's body was inspired by his own wife.
Images of the statuse may be considered derivative works. Descendants of this sculptor are known to file lawsuits against derivative works used commercially (see Commons:Forum/Archiv/2007/October#Denkmale in Dänemark and a warning printed in a magazine for professional journalists). The freedom of panorama does not extend to commercial use of works of art that are located in public places if such images constitute the central element of the picture. (§ 24, 2).In 2008, the artist's descendents filed a lawsuit against Danish artist Bjørn Nørgaard who had used a photo of the statue as part of a collage. The court, however, found that Eriksen's copyright had not been violated since Nørgaard's photo formed only an element in his own work of art and because the artist had only used it in a noncommercial context. (politiken.dk)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "The Little Mermaid"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- De Kleine Zeemeermin.JPG 3,264 × 2,448; 1.59 MB
- Fountains, Solvang, CA, USA (9500358737).jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 3 MB
- HHolidayMermaid1.JPG 2,448 × 2,288; 2.44 MB
- HHolidayMermaid2.JPG 2,384 × 2,400; 2.59 MB
- HHolidayMermaid3.JPG 2,432 × 2,384; 2.48 MB
- HHolidayMermaid4.JPG 2,400 × 2,240; 2.38 MB
- Mermaid andersen sdw.ogg 56 min 56 s; 29.32 MB
- Paris Exposition unidentified exterior view, Paris, France, 1900 n18.jpg 982 × 1,200; 1.05 MB
- SBL Eric's castle.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 709 KB
- The Little Mermaid Restaurant, Solvang, CA, USA (9500338987).jpg 1,944 × 2,592; 2.17 MB