English: The Moorings, also known as the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) headquarters, located at 1901–1909 Q Street, N.W., in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The Art Deco-style building was designed by architect Horace W. Peaslee in 1927 and originally served as an apartment house. In addition to AHEPA, current tenants include The Cultural Landscape Foundation, Firehook Bakery & Coffee House, and Diego's Hair Salon. The Moorings is designated as a contributing property to the Dupont Circle Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Diego's Hair Salon (3 F)
Media in category "The Moorings"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- 1900 block of Q Street, N.W. - Blizzard of 2010.JPG 3,101 × 2,298; 2.02 MB
- 19th and Q Streets, N.W. - facing west.JPG 3,020 × 2,204; 3.97 MB
- American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association headquarters.JPG 2,660 × 2,331; 2.88 MB
- Snow on The Moorings.JPG 2,173 × 2,068; 1.7 MB
- The Moorings - Blizzard of 2010.JPG 3,161 × 2,345; 2.8 MB