Category:The Seven Virtues
The Seven Virtues: According to early and medieval Catholic doctrine, the qualities esssential to an observant Christian life. Though not as strict as that of the opposing Seven Deadly Sins the catalogue of the Seven Virtues was, depending on its source, either understood to include the qualities directly opposite to the Seven Deadly Sins - i.e., abstinence, liberality, diligence, humility, chastity, kindness, and patience - or it was made up of the Four Cardinal Virtues: (prudence, justice, temperance, and fortitude) and the Three Theological Virtues (faith, hope, and love / charity).
Among the major depictions of the Seven Virtues in the arts are Giotto's cycle of the Seven Vices and Seven Virtues in the Cappella degli Scrovegni (Arena Chapel) in Padua, Italy, and a number of works by Pieter Bruegel the Elder.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Statues of the Seven Virtues (8 C, 4 F)
- ► Fortitude (1 C, 9 F)
- ► Justice (17 C, 1 P, 176 F)
Media in category "The Seven Virtues"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Botticelli+P.Pollaiolo - theological and cardinal virtues - Uffizi.jpg 5,033 × 1,442; 1.86 MB
- Conches-en-Ouche Sainte-Foy Vertus 280.jpg 3,264 × 4,896; 10.34 MB
- Fr Allinges Chapel of Chateau-Vieux Frescos 14.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 1.03 MB
- Fr Allinges Chapel of Chateau-Vieux Frescos 15.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 1.08 MB
- Fr Allinges Chapel of Chateau-Vieux Frescos 16.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 1.14 MB
- Fr Allinges Chapel of Chateau-Vieux Frescos 17.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 1.14 MB
- Pfarrkirchen - Deckenfresco - Göttliche Tugenden.jpg 1,920 × 2,560; 1.58 MB
- Virtudescardeais.jpg 448 × 423; 49 KB