Lynne Schneeman Fearman B. 1954 in Pasadena, CA Website: http://LynneFearman.com Daughter of noted Science-fiction illustrator, Charles E. Schneeman. Studied art and illustration under her father's instruction, from the age of 5. Studied under Eric Peterson, and Norman Abbey at Pasadena City College. Eventually starting a freelance graphic arts business in Newport Beach, where she designed packaging, most notably a package for, "Diamond Dancer Pantyhose", and logos. She also did illustrations for small business publications. While in Newport Beach, she studied Massage Therapy, at the Los Angeles School of Massage, and eventually taught at the school.
Returning to Pasadena in 1979, she went to work at the Pasadena YWCA, where she worked as a massage therapist and studied art at night at Pasadena City College under David Schnabel. in 1982, she met and married Edward L. Fearman. Getting back into art, she joined local art organizations, including Mid-Valley Arts League in 1993, along with San Gabriel Fine Art Assoc., and California Art Club. Winning awards for her art and eventually attaining 'Master' status in MVAL, and SGFA, by winning multiple Best of Show Awards. From 2006-2008 she became president of Mid-Valley Arts League after 13 years of working on their board of directors.
Finding representation through Mountainside Gallery, in Monrovia CA, owner Scott Garland, talked her into going from watercolors to oil painting. By 2005 Mountainside Gallery, was sold and purchased by Laura Segil, who changed the name of the gallery to Segil Fine Art. Lynne Fearman was taken on by Laura Segil, and also became her gallery assistant. In 2006 Fearman was juried into the "Contemporary Masters" Artistic Eden I, at the Pasadena Museum of History, and subsequent Contemporary Masters shows II, III, and IV. She also had several group and solo shows, in Pasadena at the Fine Artist Factory, Monrovia, at Segil Fine Art Gallery, and Glendale at the Glendale Country Club. Lynne Fearman was written up in the October issue of the 2008, Southwest Art Magazine, in the "Collector's Choice" section of the magazine. (pg.124) In 2011, she was commissioned by "The Friends of the Monrovia Library", to paint an installation for the library. "Bearlovian Paradise", a 5'x 4' fiberglass bear that was one of the city's public art installations, painted with depictions of children reading books among jungle fronds filled with animals and birds, reptiles and insects of every description. The piece now resides permanently in the Monrovia Library, in California.
In 2014, Segil Fine Art Gallery was purchased by Barbara Williams who changed the gallery's name to Saga Fine Art Gallery. Now working at and represented by Saga Fine Art Gallery, Lynne continues as gallery assistant to Barbara Williams.
Fearman has recently been awarded the grand prize in the second annual LA Plein Air Festival, in 2015. In 2016 she was juried into the "Paint the Peninsula!" Plein Air Festival, in Port Angeles, WA.
In the past 3 years she has taken up arranging locations for a group of artists (260 members on Facebook), who paint-out every week, called, "Thursdays En Plein Air". "We keep each member informed of our weekly locations thru our Facebook page: Thursdays en Plein Air". "By painting outdoors every week, I find I've loosened up in my painting style, and work faster to capture that moment in time."
"Whether I'm painting inside or outside, I find that in doing so I can relax my mind, and my body seems to loose that tight feeling. All my pain disappears!"
Media in category "Thumbnails (images)"
The following 28 files are in this category, out of 28 total.
- 2010-10-30 Wikipedia Bodensee Treffen Übersicht.jpg 3,000 × 1,840; 1.78 MB
- 242x200.png 242 × 200; 2 KB
- Angusticlavia1.png 200 × 409; 11 KB
- Blueseed-concept-vessel-thumbnails.jpg 692 × 412; 220 KB
- Candy-Cane-Classic thumbnail.png 200 × 337; 29 KB
- Champathil Mannadiyar - An Old Painting.jpg 100 × 136; 3 KB
- Codemirror-thumbnail.png 1,050 × 604; 32 KB
- Gathered together 1.jpg 1,936 × 2,592; 3.03 MB
- Gathered together 2.jpg 612 × 612; 531 KB
- Gathered together 3.jpg 612 × 612; 499 KB
- Gathered together 4.jpg 612 × 612; 513 KB
- Gathered together 5.jpg 1,456 × 2,592; 2.22 MB
- Gathered together 6.jpg 1,456 × 2,592; 2.38 MB
- Gathered together 7.jpg 1,456 × 2,592; 2.16 MB
- Gathered together 8.jpg 1,456 × 2,592; 2.17 MB
- Hyperdrive 246.jpg 246 × 157; 61 KB
- I-boek-voorbeeld2.jpg 1,000 × 674; 589 KB
- IndexedColorSample (Mosaic).png 160 × 142; 10 KB
- IrfanView Thumbnails.png 779 × 559; 27 KB
- More sunrise.png 1,399 × 840; 698 KB
- Moveandstay thumbnail.jpg 249 × 231; 24 KB
- Negitive.jpg 284 × 177; 12 KB
- New Hampshire Union Leader Pedigree Chart thumbnail.jpg 600 × 200; 10 KB
- Rav Dov Roth.jpg 100 × 91; 3 KB
- Rendering with normal mapping (thumbnail).gif 220 × 110; 705 KB
- Thumbnail by size for all Wikimedia wikis Oct 2014.png 640 × 320; 16 KB
- Thumbnails.jpg 308 × 308; 56 KB
- Welcome2WP English 082310-thumbnails.png 2,994 × 2,836; 1.85 MB