Category:Tourism in Kerala
Kerala, a state situated on the tropical Malabar Coast of southwestern India, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. Named as one of the ten paradises of the world by the National Geographic Traveler, Kerala is famous especially for its ecotourism initiatives. Its unique culture and traditions, coupled with its varied demography, has made Kerala one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Growing at a rate of 13.31%, the tourism industry is a major contributor to the state's economy. The tag line Kerala - God's Own Country was adopted in its tourism promotions and became synonymous with the state. Popular attractions in the state include the beaches at Kovalam, Cherai and Varkala; the hill stations of Munnar, Nelliampathi, Ponmudi and Wayanad; and national parks and wildlife sanctuaries at Periyar and Eravikulam National Park. The "backwaters" region — an extensive network of interlocking rivers, lakes, and canals that centre on Alleppey (Alappuzha), Kumarakom, and Punnamada — also see heavy tourist traffic. Heritage sites, such as the Padmanabhapuram Palace, Hill Palace, Mattancherry Palace are also visited. Cities such as Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram are popular centres for shopping and traditional theatrical performances.
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
- ► Visitor attractions in Kerala (25 C)
- ► Airports in Kerala (5 C)
- ► Festivals of Kerala (24 C, 26 F)
- ► Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (2 C, 4 F)
- ► Munnar (6 C, 1 P, 9 F)
- ► Ports and harbours in Kerala (13 C)
- ► Resorts in Kerala (3 C, 26 F)
Media in category "Tourism in Kerala"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Kudukkathu Para Rock, (Theevandi Para), Anakkulam.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.55 MB
- Kumbalangi.jpg 2,006 × 2,006; 1.05 MB
- Meenuliyan Para.jpg 1,936 × 1,936; 932 KB
- Puthenthode Beach 2.jpg 3,840 × 2,160; 2.6 MB
- Puthenthode Beach 3.jpg 2,160 × 3,840; 1.99 MB
- Puthenthode Beach 4.jpg 3,840 × 2,160; 2.04 MB
- Puthenthode Beach 5.jpg 3,840 × 2,160; 3.1 MB
- Puthenthode Beach.jpg 3,840 × 2,160; 2.75 MB
- Puthethode beach.jpg 3,840 × 2,160; 2.41 MB
- Varikkashery Mana Tourist Photos.jpg 2,861 × 2,861; 2.06 MB